Did you know that you can access help with digital skills in our libraries?
Oxfordshire County Council wants to make sure that everyone in the county can use the internet and get the most from it. The Oxfordshire Library Service runs sessions to provide digital skills help within our libraries, ensuring that no-one is left behind and unable to access information and opportunities.
The sessions are varied depending on the individuals needs but include things like:
- Help to find information online.
- Guidance to access services online.
- Setting up an email or social media account.
- Or simply help to find something fun to do or share.
Sessions need to be pre-booked, and you can do this by contacting the library directly.
Upcoming sessions are available to book at the following libraries:
- Dates available: https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/events/sonning-common-digital-help
- To book a session you can speak to someone in branch, contact the library using the contact us form https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/contactus/contact-sonning-common-library or call the library on 01189 722448
- Dates Available: https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/events/wantage-digital-help-sessions
- To book a session you can speak to someone in branch, contact the library using the contact us form https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/contactus/contact-wantage-library, or call the library on 01235 762291
The Digital Infrastructure team wants to know where people in the county need help with digital skills. Your feedback will help us plan where to hold training sessions in the future.
You can provide feedback to the Digital Infrastructure team using the contact us form.
Join as a Digital Helper Volunteer!
The Library Service wants to expand digital skills assistance to more areas in Oxfordshire, but we need more volunteers to make it possible.
An ideal Digital Helper Volunteer is:
- Patient and ready to help individuals one-on-one at one of our libraries.
- Some IT knowledge is required, but you don't have to be an expert!
- Session times will differ, but usually, one-on-one sessions last about an hour.
If you're interested in becoming a Digital Helper Volunteer, please complete the online application form.