Did you know that you can access help with digital skills in our libraries?
As part of Oxfordshire County Council’s commitment to ensure that no-one in the county is left behind and unable to access information and opportunities in the Digital World, the Oxfordshire Library Service is restarting sessions to provide digital skills help within our libraries.
The sessions are varied depending on the individuals needs but these will include things like:
- Help to find information online
- Guidance to access services online
- Setting up an email or social media account
- or simply help to find something fun to do or share.
Sessions do need to be pre-booked, and you can do this by contacting the library directly.
Upcoming sessions are available to book at the following libraries:
- Dates available: https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/events/sonning-common-digital-help
- To book a session you can speak to someone in branch, contact the library using the contact us form https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/contactus/contact-sonning-common-library or call the library on 01189 722448
- Dates Available: https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/events/wantage-digital-help-sessions
- To book a session you can speak to someone in branch, contact the library using the contact us form https://www.oxfordshire.gov.uk/contactus/contact-wantage-library, or call the library on 01235 762291
The Digital Infrastructure team would appreciate feedback to identify where in the county there is demand for digital skills training sessions. This will help to guide future demand planning for these types of initiatives.
You can provide feedback to the Digital Infrastructure team via the contact us form https://digitalinfrastructureoxfordshire.co.uk/contact
The Library Service is keen to widen the offer of digital skills help at libraries in other parts of Oxfordshire, but we need more volunteers to enable this to happen.
The ideal Digital Helper Volunteer is:
- Patient and willing to commit to giving 1-1 support to others in one of our libraries.
- Some IT knowledge is necessary; but you don’t need to be an expert!
- Times of the sessions will vary but most 1-1 sessions normally last an hour.
If you would like to be a Digital Helper Volunteer, please fill in the online application form, Digital Helper volunteer | Oxfordshire County Council