The Coverage Map shares the latest information available to the county council on current and future provision of superfast broadband across Oxfordshire. Information comes from a number of sources and provides an indicative picture of coverage for premises in the county. The map can be used to provide an estimate of existing speeds available to premises and details of any planned upgrades in the near future.
Individual addresses are displayed as single dots on the map, with a colour system, where green dots have superfast available (>24 Mbps or more) but are not eligible for the Rural Gigabit Voucher Scheme. Yellow premises are in plan for delivery, Orange premises have speeds <100Mbps and are eligible for the Rural Gigabit Voucher Scheme and red premises are not yet superfast but not eligible for the Rural Gigabit Voucher Scheme, so fall into the Under review - final 2% category. There is a postcode search facility available and a pop-up box feature to display more details for individual properties, by clicking on coloured dot for the address.
If you wish to report errors with the map, please contact the Digital Infrastructure Team using the contact us form.
- Under review – final 2% - premises which do not currently receive connectivity of 24Mb/s or more and are not in current intervention plans or commercial supplier plans.
- UPRN - Unique Premises Reference Number. Every premises has a unique reference number allocated in the AddressBase Premium dataset supplied by Ordnance Survey, under license.
- Classification - R = Residential, NR = Non-residential. This classification comes from the AddressBase Premium dataset supplied by Ordnance Survey, under license.
- In plan for Businesses in Rural Oxfordshire Programme - funded by EAFRD - delivery timescales October 2019 - June 2022
- In plan for West Oxfordshire District Council Gigaclear programme - delivery underway, more details available from the Gigaclear website
- Voucher Eligible – Premises eligible for the Rural Voucher Scheme. As part of the full-fibre roll-out planned under the BDUK Gigabit programme there is a voucher scheme available (subject to DCMS eligibility criteria). Within the gigabit voucher process, individuals within a community can take lead on applying for the DCMS Gigabit Voucher Scheme. This scheme is supplier-led and further information can be found on our website here and on the scheme website here