The Coverage Map shares the latest information available to the county council on current and future provision of superfast broadband across Oxfordshire. Information comes from a number of sources and provides an indicative picture of coverage for premises in the county. The map can be used to provide an estimate of existing speeds available to premises and details of any planned upgrades in the near future.
Individual addresses are displayed as single dots on the map, with a colour system, where green has superfast available (24 Mbps or more), yellow are in plan for delivery, amber are premises currently eligible for the Gigabit Voucher Scheme and red dots fall into the Under review - final 2% category. There is a postcode search facility available and a pop-up box feature to display more details for individual properties, by clicking on coloured dot for the address.
If you wish to report errors with the map, please contact the Digital Infrastructure Team using the contact us form.
- Under review – final 2% - premises which do not currently receive connectivity of 24Mb/s or more and are not in current intervention plans or suppliers plans, to bring faster connectivity to their premise. To work towards a solution for these premises, there are gigabit voucher schemes in place, (subject to DCMS eligibility), and the full-fibre roll-out planned under the BDUK Gigabit programme. Within the gigabit voucher process, individuals within a community can take lead on applying for the DCMS Gigabit Voucher Scheme. This scheme is supplier-led and further information can be found on our website here
- UPRN - Unique Premises Reference Number. Every premises has a a unique reference number allocated AddressBase Premium dataset supplied by Ordnance Survey, under license.
- Classification - R = Residential, NR = Non-residential. This classification comes from the AddressBase Premium dataset supplied by Ordnance Survey, under license.
- In plan for Businesses in Rural Oxfordshire Programme - funded by DEFRA - delivery timescales October 2019 - June 2022
- In plan for West Oxfordshire District Council Gigaclear programme - delivery underway, more details available from the Gigaclear website
- Voucher Eligible – Premises eligible for the Rural Voucher Scheme. More details available here
Please Note: The existing Rural Gigabit Voucher Scheme (RGVS) closed to new applications on the 19th February 2021.
All applications made prior to this date are currently being reviewed and processed by BDUK. We are expecting the new voucher scheme to be announced with some changes to the terms and conditions, on 8th April 2021. We will work to update our maps to reflect any changes made to the schemes as soon as possible after this date. In the meantime, we would advise caution in using our maps to assess future voucher availability, but please contact us to discuss eligibility if you wish to pursue an application under the scheme.